Monday 1 February 2010

Audio


This soundtrack has a very dark brooding feel, with a thumping deep beat to it, which has the possibility to help build up momentum and still retain the grim apocolpyptic feel of the trailer.

Lyrics:
You’ve stripped me down, the layers fall like rain
It’s over now, just innocence and instinct still remain
You watched me while I slowly disappeared
I reached for you to save me; you were frozen in your fear

Take it all away[x4]

Circling the pain inside my soul
I reached inside your silence to steal what you won’t show
I tried to find the answers in my fears
But what was found is lost again as soon as it appeared

Take it all away [x4]

I’m breaking; I can’t do this on my own
Can you hear me screaming out, am I all alone?

You take away [x10]

The lyrics work with the trailer in terms of setting for example "It’s over now, just innocence and instinct still remain" and "Can you hear me screaming out, am I all alone?" These work well with the main character as he is surviving on instinct and he dosent know if anyone else survived.Narrative equilibrium could be established through the use of slower paced editing with this song.


This composition is very different to the first soundtrack as it has a fast pace to it, with an epic feel, much like some of the trailers I analysed such as 2010 and I am Legend, this song would allow for fast pace edits and juxtaposed edits.



This song I retained from the game trailer I analysed, it gives a steady beat and would allow for a mixture of edits, it almost tells a story in its own right, its happy and sad at the same time, the lyrics reflect on the character as he searches and survives and finds the sick humans that "look right through him".

No comments:

Post a Comment